Match Report

Match Info

Date: 17/10/2003
Competition: League
Venue: Richmond Park

Home Team

Adamson, Maguire, El Khebyr (Foy, 82), Foley, Delaney, Fahey (Freeman, 56), Osam, Dunne, Mbabazi (Byrne, 23), Bird, McPhee

Away Team

Kelly, Lynch, Webb, Hawkins, Oman, Heary, Hunt, Ryan (McGuinness, 62), Morrison, Doyle (Keegan, 90), Crowe.


Referee: P. Whelan (Dublin)

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 2 - Bohemians 4

Two goals apiece from Dave Morrison and Glen Crowe helped Bohemians topple St Patrick's Athletic and reduce the gap on leaders Shelbourne to just five points.

Nine days after these sides played out a mesmerizing seven-goal Cup semi-final thriller, the goals were again plentiful at Richmond Park on Friday night.

Morrison grabbed his double in the first half, with Crowe also helping himself to a goal to send Bohs in at half-time leading by a 3-0 scoreline.

St Patrick's Athletic, stunned by the Bohs onslaught, were also left reeling when winger Charles Mbabazi Livingstone was rushed to hospital after collapsing on the field early on. His condition is said to have improved since he arrived at St James's Hospital.

To compound a miserable night for the Saints, French left back Karim el-Khebyr and Irish under-20 international midfielder Keith Fahy were both taken off injured in the second half. El-Khebyr sustained a suspected severe neck injury, while Fahy was withdrawn with a leg problem. Both men are likely to miss next weekend's FAI Carlsberg Cup final against Longford Town.

Ken Oman and Robbie Doyle spurned early chances to put Bohs ahead, but Morrison showed them how it was done in the 19th minute.

The Englishman, taking full advantage of a sustained run in the side following Mark Rutherford's injury, got on the end of a long diagonal pass from recalled right back Damien Lynch and beat Chris Adamson in the Saints goal.

Moments later, Mbabazi collapsed, leading to a five-minute stoppage as paramedics tried to stabilize his condition before taking the Ugandan international off to hospital.

The game was slightly muted following that incident, and Bohs stung Pats with two more goal before the break, Crowe netting after Bobby Ryan's clever pass and Morrison headed his side's third just before the interval.

El-Khebyr's second half injury led to ten minutes of injury time at the end of the game, and the likelihood of an incredible comeback grew when Pats cut the deficit to one with two quickfire goals just as the 90 minutes were up.

Tony Bird grabbed his 14th of the season from the penalty spot on 89 minutes after he himself had been fouled by Oman, and Clive Delaney followed up 90 seconds later after a scramble in the Bohs area from a corner kick.

If that gave rise to home hopes of a dramatic comeback, and the events of the dramatic injury time period almost had the end the Saints fans wanted when a volley from substitute Keith Foy flashed across the face of Seamus Kelly's goal.

That was to prove Pats' last chance as, in the 96th minute of the game, Crowe sealed the victory for Bohs with his second of the night, cracking a 25-yard shot past Adamson for the clincher at the end of another incredibly dramatic Dublin derby between these sides.