Match Report

Match Info

Date: 05/10/2007
Competition: League
Venue: Richmond Park
Attendance: 2243

Home Team

Ryan; Murphy (Kirby 77), Brennan, Rogers, Frost; Fahey, Gibson (Maguire 71), Keane, Quigley; O'Neill, Fitzpatrick (Guy 57)

Away Team

Murphy; Heary, McGuinness, Burns, Powell; Turner, Hunt (McCann 58), O'Donnell, Richardson (Kelly 68); Mansaram, McGinley (Rossiter 90)


Referee: D Hancock (Dublin).

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 0 - Bohemians 1

Darren Mansaram ended St Patrick's Athletic's FAI Cup dream last week and severely dented their European aspirations with the winner in this end-to-end Dublin derby at Richmond Park, writes Mark Cummins.

Having scored both goals to put Pat's out of the cup Mansaram netted the only goal of an exciting encounter in Inchicore.

Looking for revenge following their cup defeat at the same venue last Monday week, Pat's were full-blooded in their early play.

There was early action at either end with Chris Turner going close for Bohs and Billy Gibson firing wide for Pat's from a Keith Fahey ball.

Both goalkeepers were then called into action with Pat's' Barry Ryan blocking a Stephen O'Donnell free-kick and Brian Murphy brilliantly saving an Anthony Murphy header.

Turner had another chance for Bohs but Pat's were seeing more of the ball and Gary O'Neill should have done better on 23 when he fired straight at Jason McGuinness from inside the box.

Murphy dropped the ball from a corner on 25 minutes but O'Neill couldn't take advantage.

Mansaram then put Michael McGinley through on 37 minutes but he was harshly ruled offside. Immediately the action swung to the other end and Murphy centred a decent ball but Quigley fluffed his header and the ball went wide.

Mansaram had a shot on target on 40 minutes but Ryan got down well to make the block.

Bohs' Dean Richardson wasted a great opportunity to give his side the lead on 47 when he blasted over the bar from the edge of the box.

Bohs came more into the contest in the second period and took a deserved lead on 65 minutes when Mansaram slipped in on the right and slotted calmly past Ryan into the bottom right corner of the net.

Pat's looked for a penalty on 73 minutes when Quigley was taken down by O'Donnell but referee Damien Hancock was not impressed.

© rté.ie