Match Report

Match Info

Date: 11/04/2009
Competition: League
Venue: Dalymount Park

Home Team

B Murphy, Heary, Rossiter (Powell 53), Cronin, McGuinness, Shelley, Carey (A Murphy 82), Ndo, Crowe (Brennan 76), J Byrne, Keegan.

Away Team

Rogers, Gavin, Maher (S Byrne 64), Lynch, Stephens, Ryan, Partridge, Cawley, Quigley, Haran (Harris 62), Guy.


Referee: D McKeon.

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Bohemians 3 - St Patrick's Athletic 0

Bohemians steamrolled over St Patrick's Athletic in a terrific Dublin derby encounter at Dalymount Park.

The Inchicore side started well but soon fell apart and played the last half hour with ten men after Dave Partridge was sent off.

Glen Crowe opened the scoring with his first of the season on 48 minutes. Graham Carey, who had a superb game, doubled the lead on 70 minutes before Jason Byrne shot home the third on 77.

The victory sees the Gypsies go top of the League of Ireland Premier Division as they made the most of Derry City's surprise loss to Sligo Rovers last night.

Before kick-off, St Pat's substitute Glen Fitzpatrick became unwell in the warm up and received treatment from club doctor Matt Corcoran and medical staff on the pitch. He was replaced on the bench by John Lester.

With the game underway, there was end-to-end action in the opening minutes with Ryan Guy and Damian Lynch both going close for Pat's earlier on, while Brian Shelley flung a great ball into the Pat's box on 11 minutes but Enda Stephens did well to intercept and get the ball safely to Gary Rogers in goal.

Bohs' goalkeeper Brian Murphy then made two fine saves, first from a Mark Quigley shot on 16 and a curling Alan Cawley free-kick a minute later.

Carey was looking good for Bohs on the right wing and got a shot in on 21 minutes but rifled wide under press from Stephens while Crowe shot over seconds later.

Paul Keegan struck a ferocious free kick for Bohs on 25, but Rogers read the danger and made the save. On 36, Jason Gavin blocked an Owen Heary shot after the Bohs captain had connected with Rogers' clearance from a corner.

The home side dominated for the rest of the half and began the second in a similar vein. They took the lead on 48 minutes when Crowe connected with Cronin's ball from the right and glanced a header past Rogers from close range.

It should have been two on 58 but Byrne flicked the ball the wrong side of the post having met Joseph Ndo's through ball from the right.

It got worse for Pat's on the hour when Partridge was red-carded after an off-the-ball incident. Boss Jeff Kenna responded by firstly bringing Jamie Harris on for Andy Haran on 62, who was swiftly followed by Stuart Byrne, who replaced Steven Maher.

It was all in vain though as Carey topped a terrific personal performance with a tremendous low drive past Rogers before Cronin set up Byrne for the third with a fine turn and shot.

Darragh Ryan could have had a consolation for the visitors as the clock hit 90 minutes but put his shot went over the top.