Match Report

Match Info

Date: 29/05/2009
Competition: League
Venue: Richmond Park
Attendance: 1194

Home Team

Rogers, Maher, Gavin, Partridge, Ryan, Lester, Lynch (Stevens 85), Guy, O'Connor, Quigley, Moran (Haran 65)

Away Team

Doyle, Massey, Webster, Mulcahy, Brennan, Kavanagh (Forsyth h/t), Shiels, Kelly (O'Neill 89), Coughlan (Deans 65), McCabe


Referee: M Gough

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 1 - Bray Wanderers 1

Ten-man St Pat's were held to a draw by nine-man Bray in an entertaining and toughly-fought encounter at Richmond Park, writes Mark Cummins.

Dave Partridge put Pat's ahead on 31 but Dave Mulcahy put Bray right back in contention with the equaliser on 55. Both sides were reduced to ten men when Mulcahy and John Lester were both sent off after a confrontation on the hour mark before Bray lost Chris Deans for two yellow cards on 75.

In an entertaining opening, goalkeeper Chris O'Connor came to Bray's rescue on four minutes when he made a block from Kyle Moran following superb through-ball by Mark Quigley and pinpoint cross from Ryan Guy.

Bray's Jake Kelly did well to pick out Gareth Coughlan on seven minutes with a neat ball into the area but John Lester did well to intercept the ball and clear the threat.

Lester was involved again on 19 when he met Gareth O'Connor's corner but headed wide.

Following a good period of possession, it was from an O'Connor corner that Pat's eventually took the lead on 31 minutes.

Partridge rose highest for the ball and headed powerfully into the Inchicore-end goal.

It should have been two on 37 when Quigley went on a long solo run, but he held possession too long and was bustled off the ball with Moran well placed to take a pass.

Following a highly organised and attack-minded start to the second half the visitors were back on level terms on 55 minutes. Dane Massey's free kick the on left wing was met by Mulcahy who sweetly stroked the ball past Gary Rogers.

Both sides were reduced to ten men on the hour when Mulcahy and Lester were both sent off after confronting each other following a series of tough tackles from both sides.

Quigley then had two free kicks in quick succession on 74 minutes. The first was blocked by the Bray wall and the second was turned around the wall in fine style by O'Connor.

Bray were further reduced to nine men on 75 when Chris Deans, who had come on for Gareth Coughlan on 65, went for an early shower for two yellow cards.

Kelly nearly stole it for Bray on 87 but his effort from the right flew across the face of goal and wide while Partridge had the best of Pat's later chances.