Match Report

Match Info

Date: 08/06/2010
Competition: League
Venue: Richmond Park
Attendance: 1009

Home Team

Rogers; Haverty, Lynch, Kenna, Guthrie; Guy, Derek Doyle (Cash 75), S Byrne, Mulcahy; Williams (P Byrne 75), Faherty (Sinnott 89).

Away Team

Kane; Daire Doyle, Tresson (Kavanagh 70), O'Connor, Massey; O'Neill, Brennan, Shields, Kelly; Mulroy (Zambra 83), Vickers (R Doyle 64).


Referee: D McKeon (Dublin)

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 3 - Bray Wanderers 0

St Pat's head into the mid-season break top of the Premier Division table thanks to a first half Vinny Faherty double and an injury time strike from Conor Sinnott at Richmond Park.

St Pat's raced into the lead after two minutes when Bray failed to clear Damien Lynch's free from the right of the box and Faherty pounced to rifle the ball past Bray goalkeeper Brian Kane from five yards.

Faherty went close to putting his side further ahead with a low drive on 10 minutes but Kane got down well to make the save.

However, the former Galway United man had to wait just four more minutes for his second goal of the night. It came on 14 when he met Derek Doyle's cross from out on the left and headed confidently past Kane.

Bray were shouting for a penalty on 32 minutes when the ball appeared to strike Shane Guthrie on the arm in the box but referee Dave McKeon waived play on.

The visitors had two free kicks before the break which failed to hit the target and generally offered little threat.

Derek Doyle nearly put Pat's three up on the hour with a powerful free kick that struck the side netting and rolled behind the goal.

To some in the ground it actually looked like the ball had entered the net - included in that number was the stadium announcer who started to declare Doyle as the third goalscorer of the night only to realise his mistake as Kane took his goal kick.

On 63, Kane did well to block a half attempt by Pat's Dave Mulcahy who had darted clear on goal but hesitated before shooting, allowing Kane too much time to deny him.

Kane made another excellent save on 77 minutes when he got his hands to the ball after Paul Byrne had headed on target from a Brian Cash corner, but he could do nothing about Sinnott's late shot with his defence nowhere to be seen as the Pat's man waltzed into the area and slotted home.