Match Report

Match Info

Date: 05/04/2013
Competition: League
Venue: Carlisle Grounds

Home Team

1 Darren Quigley; 14 Eoin Hyland, 2 David Webster, 22 Peter Thomas, 3 Kevin Knight; 18 John Mulroy, 6 Gary Dempsey (c), 16 Dean Zambra, 21 Paul Malone, 11 Kieran Waters; 10 Jason Byrne Subs: 8 Daire Doyle (for Hyland 58), 9 Ismahil Akinade (for Malone 58), 12 Conor Earley, 17 Paul Moffatt, 20 Shane O'Neill (for Dempsey 58), 24 Ed McDonagh, 25 Seán Holmes (gk)

Away Team

1 Brendan Clarke; 2 Ger O'Brien (c), 15 Kenny Browne, 3 Jake Carroll, 12 Ian Bermingham; 6 Greg Bolger; 7 Conan Byrne, 10 John Russell, 11 Killian Brennan, 17 Chris Forrester; 20 Anthony Flood Subs: 4 Conor Kenna (for Browne 76), 9 Christy Fagan (for Flood 76), 14 Jordan Keegan, 16 Dave Ryan (gk), 18 Sean Gannon (for Brennan 87), 21 Conor Murphy, 24 Stephen Maher


Paul Tuite

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Bray Wanderers 0 - St Patrick's Athletic 1

Bray Wanderers suffered their fourth defeat of the season, and their first at home, as Liam Buckley's men claimed a 1-0 win at the Carlisle Grounds.

Chris Forrester's clever finish ensured the Saints bounced back from the 2-1 defeat to Dundalk earlier this week.

On the stroke of normal time, Brendan Clarke had to stretch to keep a low Ismahil Akinade attempt from crossing the line.

But the single strike in the first half proved sufficient to take all three points back to Inchicore

Both teams already have fixtures in hand, even with the season only seven series old.

After an inconclusive opening period, the Saints began to dominate, though it took until the 19th minute for them to register their first shot on target, a 23 metre free by Killian Brennan which was punched powerfully away by Darren Quigley.

But five minutes later, a long cross-field ball from Kenny Browne in behind the Bray defence allowed Forrester to nip in and lob the advancing Quigley from a narrow angle.

The score remained unchanged between then and the break, and real chances at either end were few and far between.

The second half, though goalless, was a much more entertaining affair.

Unusually for him, Pat Devlin put all his substitutions in at once, just before the hour, opting for an attacking 3-4-3 formation.

It almost paid immediate dividends, as Akinade twice troubled the visitors' defence in the next few minutes.

In a torrid period before the end, both sides seemed to be denied clearcut corners, but Bray's attempts to use the rangy young Nigerian as a target man more often than not ended up in Brendan Clarke's hands.

The single goal proved enough despite Akinade's effort as Pat's secured their third win of the campaign.