Match Report

Match Info

Date: 13/11/2007
Competition: Friendly
Venue: Richmond Park
Attendance: 2304

Home Team

Ryan (Clarke 71), Brennan, Frost (L Fitzpatrick 45), Rogers, Foran (Cornwall 62), Gibson, Kirby (Bledowski 88), Lynch, Guy, G Fitzpatrick (Corcoran 71), O'Connor (Murphy 82)

Away Team

Pawelek, Thwaite, Magiera, De Lima, Glowacki, Boguski (Maczynski 78), Jirsak (Cantoro 67), Burns (Szabat 85), Malecki (Zienczuk 70), Pualista, Dudo.


Ref: D Hancock (Dub).

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 1 - Wisla Krakow 1

St Patrick's Athletic and Wisla Krakow played out a 1-1 draw in a lively friendly at Richmond Park on Tuesday night, writes Mark Cummins.

A Macherlin Dudu strike on 52 minutes gave Wisla a deserved lead in a game they dominated for most of the 90 minutes.

Billy Gibson launched a superb strike over the Wisla defence and beyond the reach of goalkeeper Mariusz Pawelek to put Pat's level on 83 minutes.

The visitors enjoyed the majority of the possession from the start, with Jean Paulista having the first shot on goal after five minutes.
However, he blasted his shot straight at Pat's goalkeeper Barry Ryan.

Arkadiusz Glowacki then had his strike blocked by John Frost before Ryan and Rogers combined to shut out Rafal Boguski.
Ryan came to the rescue again on 12 minutes to stop Cleber de Lima's effort with his foot.

Michael Thwaite put Dudu through on 20 but Derek Foran did well to muscle Dudu off the ball before he could get his header in.

Ryan saved from an excellent Dudu shot on 33 but the referee's whistle had already gone for a push on Foran.

Dudu then very nearly snatched the lead for 'The White Star' club but only found the side netting on 50 minutes. But the former Sporting Club de Goa man only had to wait two minutes to open his side's account.

He pounced on some very slack St Pat's defending on 52 minutes to choose his spot and fire past Ryan and into the bottom right corner of the Inchicore-end goal.

Rafal Boguski created a chance to make it 2-0 on 59 minutes but the opportunity was lost in comical circumstances.

Having dispossessed Dave Rogers 35 yards out and pushed the ball on, both he and Dudu attempted to take a shot simultaneously and they combined to knock the ball into touch.

After multiple substitutions on both sides, Pat's came more into the game and got back on level terms on 83 minutes when Gibson launched a superb strike over the Wisla defence and beyond the reach of Pawelek.

© www.rté.ie