Match Report

Match Info

Date: 30/07/2010
Competition: League
Venue: Dalymount Park

Home Team

Murphy; Heary, Rossiter, Shelley, Oman; McGlynn, Keegan, Brennan, Cronin; Quigley (A Greene 78 mins), Madden.

Away Team

Rogers; Pender, Lynch, Kenna, Guthrie; Doyle, Mulcahy, S Byrne (O'Connor 64 mins), Cash (P Byrne 34 mins); North (McAllister 64 mins), Guy.


Referee: A Kelly (Cork).

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Bohemians 1 - St Patrick's Athletic 1

Dave Mulcahy struck in the second minute of injury time to steal a point for St Pat's and keep them top of the table, one point ahead of Shamrock Rovers and two ahead of Bohs, following a cracking Dublin derby at Dalymount Park.

Bohs looked to have claimed all three points after Owen Heary headed them in front on four minutes but Mulcahy pounced when Derek Doyle's cross was knocked into his path to shot a screamer past Bohs goalkeeper Barry Murphy.

Bohs took the early lead when Heary met Killian Brennan's perfect cross from deep on the right wing and directed a powerful header past Pat's goalkeeper Gary Rogers.

Pat's started well and had a free kick after just 80 seconds of play which was whipped into the box well by Damien Lynch but Bohs goalkeeper Barry Murphy made a clean save in the packed box.

The Pat's fans were in full voice from the start.

In light of Bohemians' Champions League loss to TNS and potential financial problems, the visiting fans displayed a new banner which read 'The New Shelbourne' with the capital letters of each word in big bright letters for all to see.

They weren't singing when Bohs went ahead on four minutes. From deep on the right wing, Killian Brennan crossed sublimely for Heary who headed powerfully past Rogers from the edge of the six yard box.

Bohs were in full flight now and minutes later Madden put Gareth McGlynn through down the right wing. McGlynn tried to pick out Mark Quigley with his cross but, under pressure from Derek Pender, Quigley couldn't get a touch on the ball.

Bohs had the best of the chances as the game developed. Madden crossed for Brennan on 18 minutes but Rogers saved his subsequent, relatively tame, header while Conor Kenna blocked a strong low drive from Paul Keegan on 28.

At the other end Murphy saved Lynch's long range speculative effort on the half hour as Pat's pushed to get back into the game.

Then on 36 minutes, Lynch squared a free kick across the park to Derek Pender in the middle but Pender smashed a shot high over the bar when he had the option of picking out a team mate ahead of him.

Bohs should have been two up on 38 minutes when a Brennan corner took a couple of touches in and around the area before the ball fell to Quigley but the former Pat's man smashed his shot wide when it looked easier to score.

Pat's looked more up for it in the second half and Derek Doyle did well on 57 minutes to get the ball off Quigley, who had played a neat one-two with Brennan. Doyle sent Paul Byrne away down the wing and he in turn found Daniel North but Heary was on hand to clear for Bohs.

Byrne and Shane Guthrie had further chances for Bohs before Lynch went close on 77 minutes only for his low shot to take a deflection off Keegan and into Murphy's arms.