Match Report

Match Info

Date: 10/10/2011
Competition: Leinster Senior Cup
Round: Final
Venue: Dalymount Park

Home Team

Craig Sexton, Mark O’Reilly(Paddy Seery 89), Luke Byrne, Roberto Lopes, Kevin Feely, Stephen Hurley(Conor O’Brien 65), Gary Burke, Ryan McEvoy, Stephen Traynor, Christy Fagan, Lee Dixon(Keith Buckley 58)

Away Team

Chris Bennion, Neil Harney, Jake Carroll, Matthew Holland, Brian Shortall, David McMillan, Shane McFaul(Niall Lanigan 90), Paul Crowley, Danny North(John O’Connor 84), Ian Daly, Derek Doyle(Sean Stewart 64)


Phil Caschera

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Bohemians 0 - St Patrick's Athletic 2

St Patrick's Athletic lifted the Leinster Senior Cup on Monday night with a hard fought 2-0 win over Bohemians at Dalymount Park.

The game took quite a while to get going in front of a very small crowd with the home side starting the brighter and receiving the first chance of the game. A nice run down the left by the pacy Lee Dixon got Bohs going and a neat through ball to Stephen Traynor gave him a chance to open the scoring but he didn't connect properly at all and sent the ball harmlessly wide.

Pats took quite a while to settle into the game but they began to get into a bit of a stride as the first half wore on with good chances coming for both Danny North and Dave McMillan. North with the first, a speculative effort from just outside the box which just grazed over the bar and a few minutes later North turned provider as he swung a deep ball into the box for the unmarked David McMillan to take a swing at but he also couldn't keep it down and sent the ball wide.

Bohs were beginning to sit back at this stage and Pats kept pressing. The consistent pressure soon paid off when the Saints eventually broke the deadlock. McMillan received the ball on the right and swung an inch perfect ball onto the head of Paul Crowley who powered the ball past Sexton and into the back of the net.

The second half began just as the first half had ended for St .Pats as they had doubled their lead within five minutes of the restart. Very poor defending by Bohs allowed Danny North to attempt a close range shot towards goal which Sexton saved but parried straight back out into the waiting David McMillan who blasted the ball home from close range with Sexton able to do nothing about it.

A number of other chances were had by both sides through Danny North and Stephen Traynor both coming close by rattling the crossbar at either end but things would soon go from bad to worse for Bohs as Christy Fagan missed a penalty with eight minutes remaining with a great save from Chris Bennion to deny the Bohs striker. It would have meant for an exciting finish but it just wasn't to be for Owen Hearys young side tonight.

The best and final chance of the game came for Bohs with minutes to go as Ryan McEvoy chested down a Christy Fagan through ball and lobbed a shot towards goal. Chris Bennion didn't know much about it but lucky for him the ball cannoned back of the crossbar to bring a close to another Leinster Senior Cup Final.