Match Report

Match Info

Date: 27/04/2012
Competition: League
Venue: The Showgrounds

Home Team

Gary Rogers, Danny Ventre, Gavin Peers, Jason McGuinness, Iarfhliath Davoren, Lee Lynch, Joseph Ndo, Ross Gaynor, Romuald Boco, Mark Quigley, Danny North. Subs: Richard Brush, John Dillon (for Lynch '87), Raffaele Cretaro (for Gaynor '87), Pascal Millien, David Cawley (for Ndo '29), Jake Dykes, Martin Owens.

Away Team

Brendan Clarke, Ger O'Brien, Kenny Browne, Connor Kenna, Ian Bermingham, James Chambers, John Russell, Greg Bolger, Chris Forrester, Christy Fagan, Jake Kelly. Subs: Jake Carroll, Ian Daly, Sean O'Connor (Chambers 59), Pat Flynn, Mark Rossiter, Barry Murphy, Dean Kelly (for J Kelly HT).



Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Sligo Rovers 1 - St Patrick's Athletic 1

Sligo Rovers and St Patrick's Athletic remain the two only unbeaten sides in the Premier Division after the teams played out an entertaining 1-1 draw at the Showgrounds.

It could have been so different for Liam Buckley's side as Christy Fagan skied his 90th minute penalty over Gary Rogers' crossbar.

Rovers went ahead through a Kenny Browne own goal on 18 minutes, but substitute Sean O'Connor levelled the encounter on 72 minutes.

Rovers boss Ian Baraclough had only one injury worry coming into this game, with full back Alan Keane absent because of a knee injury, while Jason McGuinness returned to the side after recovering from a hamstring injury which kept him out of Sligo's recent games.

Saints supremo Liam Buckley started with the same line-up that beat UCD last week. Stephen O'Flynn missed the game through a thigh strain, while Aidan Price is still recovering from a long-term knee injury.

Sligo had the game's first opportunity on nine minutes when Ross Gaynor's corner found McGuinness, but the former Bohemians centre half didn't react quick enough as he stood unmarked only yards from goal.

The Bit o'Red did take the lead on 18 minutes when Gaynor's corner deflected off Browne and past the helpless Brendan Clarke.

Without Keane, Sligo looked uneasy at the back at times.

Jake Kelly and Christy Fagan both went close for the Saints before half-time. Kelly's attempted chip on 23 minutes failed to find it's intended target, while Rogers did enough to get behind a 27th minute strike from Fagan.

Rovers lost Joseph Ndo through a knee injury on 28 minutes, with David Cawley replacing the Cameroon international.

The home side struggled without Ndo, but did well to deal with any Saints attacks.

Mark Quigley almost doubled the lead on the hour mark but his shot sailed narrowly over Clarke's crossbar.

Romauld Boco then found Danny North after a quick Sligo counterattack, but Clarke did well to push North's shot to safety.

Sligo had to soak up severe pressure in the last half hour, and O'Connor levelled matters on 72 minutes.

John Russell beat Iarfhlaith Davoren on the right and his cross found O'Connor, who kept his composure to head past Rogers.

Pat's had a golden opportunity to win the game on 90 minutes, but Fagan sent his penalty high into the night sky after McGuinness fouled Dean Kelly in front of goal.