Match Report

Match Info

Date: 20/04/2010
Competition: League
Venue: Carlisle Grounds

Home Team

1 Brian Kane; 2 Daire Doyle, 4 Shane O'Connor (16 David Webster half time), 5 Colm Tresson, 3 Dane Massey; 7 Dean Zambra, 6 Chris Shields, 8 James Kavanagh (17 Stephen Brennan 60 mims), 11 Richie Baker (14 Robbie Doyle 51 mins); 9 John Mulroy; 10 Shane O'Neill

Away Team

1 Gary Rogers; 2 Derek Pender, 4 Conor Kenna (6 Damien Lynch 81 mins), 5 Shane Guthrie, 3 Ian Bermingham; 14 Brian Cash, 7 David McAllister, 18 Conor Sinnott, 15 Gareth Coughlan (25 Derek Doyle 73 mins); 10 Vinny Faherty, 11 Paul Byrne (9 Alex Williams 67 mins)


Referee: N. Doyle

Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

Bray Wanderers 0 - St Patrick's Athletic 4

St Patrick's Athletic proved they were the head boys as they reclaimed top-spot in the Airtricity League Premier Division.

Pete Mahon's side rattled in four goals - three headers - in a
sensational 14-minute spell first half spell to inflict more misery on
bottom of the table Bray.

The Dubliner's fielded five ex-Wanderers players in their starting
line-up at the Carlisle Grounds.

And two of them - Paul Byrne and Gareth Coughlan - registered their first league goals for the club, while in between, defenders Conor Kenna and Shane Guthrie were also on the score-sheet.

Despite reaching the Setanta Cup final, the visitors had gone in to
the contest without a league win in the previous four games.
After having the better of the opening exchanges, the Saint's proved they do like to be beside the seaside as they exploded into life in the 27th minute.

Byrne's claim for a penalty was waved down by referee Neil Doyle. But Dave McAllister won possession and fed Brian Cash wide on the right.

His deep cross to the far stick saw Byrne rise above team-mate
Coughlan and guided in a header just under the cross-bar from
six-yards. After Faherty was denied when clear through against Kane, St Pat's doubled their lead in the 33rd minute.

Another former Seagull Conor Sinnott whipped a free over the left
wing. And SWAI player of the month for March Kenna sent a glancing back header that dropped into the far corner of the net.
It got even better for the away men in the 38th minute.

Sinnott was again the provider from the left with another dead-ball. This time, centre half Guthrie lost his marker to nod in from

And seconds later, it became 4-0 in spectacular fashion. Kenna's long punt was flicked on by Byrne. Coughlan latched onto it and smacked a dipping 25-yard volley beyond a hapless Kane.

The second period failed to deliver the same fireworks as away
custodian Gary Rogers registered his sixth clean sheet in eight league matches.

Kane was by far the busier at the other end. He saved smartly off
Sinnott's free. Cash then had a goal ruled out for offside.
Coughlan's goal-bound drive was deflected over by Colm Tresson in the 64th minute.

Bray sub Stephen Brennan cleared off the line following a scramble with Saint's reserve Alex Williams had another attempt chalked off by an assistant referee's flag.