Match Report

Match Info

Date: 14/09/2012
Competition: FAI Cup
Round: QuarterFinal
Venue: Richmond Park
Attendance: 1346

Home Team

Barry Murphy, Ger O'Brien, Kenny Browne, Conor Kenna (c), Ian Bermingham, James Chambers, Jake Carroll, John Russell (Greg Bolger 68), Sean O'Connor, Vinny Faherty (Stephen O'Flynn 79), Christopher Forrester (Jake Kelly 88).

Away Team

Gabriel Sava, Philip Hand, Derek Prendergast, Alan McNally, Ryan Brennan, Gavin Brennan, Peter Hynes, Paul Crowley (c) (John Sullivan HT), Brian Gannon, Declan O'Brien (Cathal Brady 68), Eric Foley.



Goal Scorers

Yellow Cards

Red Cards

St Patrick's Athletic 0 - Drogheda United 0

St Patrick's Athletic and Drogheda United will have to do it all again on Monday night after an entertaining 0-0 draw in the FAI Cup quarter-final in Richmond Park.

It will be Drogheda who will be happier with the result after the Saints dominated proceedings.

They missed several good chances to win the tie tonight with Sean O'Connor and James Chambers fluffing opportunities in added-time.

Pat's had always looked more likely and could have been ahead
after seven minutes, when O'Connor's shot was cleared by Derek

Drogheda rarely threatened, but Paul Crowley's looping header after 12 minutes had Barry Murphy worried, but it sailed just over the bar.

Pat's striker Vinny Faherty seemed to have left his shooting boots at home, missing decent opportunities on 27 and 30 minutes.

Just before the break Sean O'Connor and Christopher Forrester both conspired to miss chances for the Saints, and Liam Buckley must have been wondering how his team were not comfortably ahead.

Whatever Drogheda manager Mick Cooke said to his side at half time seemed to work.

They came out and played their best football of the
match just after the break.

This did stall St Pat's momentum, but in reality the Drogs
never really threatened too much, and goal scoring chances were few and far between for the first 20 minutes of the second half.

The home side put the ball in the net on 67 minutes, but when a
looping ball came into the box for him, Christopher Forrester's
close-range attempt was disallowed for a handball for which Forrester was also booked.

This did spur St Pat's into action, though, and they came close again on 74 minutes. James Chambers saw his effort well-blocked by Philip Hand.

Skipper Conor Kenna was spending an increasing amount of time in the Drogheda area and he forced good saves from man of the match Gabriel Sava.

Three minutes from time St Pat's subs Stephen O'Flynn and Greg Bolger combined well, but again Sava was equal to Bolger's goalbound shot.

O'Connor and Chambers both had chances for the Saints deep in injury time, but Drogheda survived to take the game to a replay on Monday in Hunky Dory Park.